Thursday 13 December 2007

Winter blues

Well its been nearly two and a half months since I last posted. To be honest there's only been slightly more activity on the plot as there has been on here!

The plot has started to be transformed from a giant strip of dirt to a bed and path system. I've so far created five beds and sown grass seed on all the paths between. Its been very successful if I do say so myself! The grass is now established and mud is thing of the past. I've cleared out a lot of the weeds and hopefully tight mowing next year will kill off any of the more persistant types. The back of the plot still need converting to beds but once the weather either freezes or dries I'll get going. I might even try some early crops in January.

Also I've built the compost bin I mentioned so long ago. The contents have already rotted down significantly but hopefully by spring there'll be some useable goodness.

Photos to follow when I next go down...

No comments: